Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Babies, Balloons and Birthdays, oh, my!

It's here! The cover of my September Superromance, and it's perfect. The hair color, the faces, the little boy--even the gold earring. I'm really proud of this book. It was complicated and emotional and not easy to write, but I'm hoping readers will enjoy it as much as I do. It's a secret baby book that's a little different...at least that's what I intended it to be. Once you love the characters it feels all new, I guess.

I'm also celebrating that I got my next book turned in, HIS BROTHER'S KEEPER, out in January. This one has a tough-guy martial artist, Gabe Cassidy, and Felicity Spencer, a new principal at a failing inner-city school with something to prove. Two two share a painful history--she was his younger brother's girlfriend when he got in trouble with the law, then ended up killed in a gang fight. Working through their issues was tricky. I hope I handled it well. My editor will let me know. 

In the meantime, I'd better get back to percolating new ideas. Tell me what you think of the cover. Come on, September!
Best,
Dawn Atkins

No comments:

Post a Comment